component of the full version of InsideOut, this add-in to the
Visual Basic development environment is designed to read your
applicationís user-interface architecture (forms, controls,
properties) and then save that data to a database for future
the InsideOutAddIn.zip file to your local computer.
(size is 13.5 MB)
- Unzip the file. (To acquire WinZip, go to www.winzip.com)
- Run Setup.exe to install the InsideOut Add-in
- Once the installation is complete, start Visual Basic
(see Requirements below) and open the sample project
(Project1.vbp) located in the install folderís \SampleProject\
- From Visual Basicís Add-In menu, select InsideOut.
- Follow the add-inís instructions to read the sample
projectís user-interface architecture. For Help, press
F1 while working with the add-in.
- To Uninstall, close down Visual Basic first,
then run InsideOutís uninstaller in Add/Remove
Programs in the Control Panel.
- Visual Basic 6 ?the add-in runs within the VB6
development environment. The add-in has been tested
using VB6, but should also work with VB5.
- Access 2000 ?if you wish to view the saved data,
you will need MS Access 2000, or greater. When the full
product is complete, there will be a viewer within the
add-in that can be used to view the saved data.
Note: This version of InsideOut is still in its
development stage. It should be used as such. In other words,
although this tool has gone through a number of testing
iterations, it should not yet be expected to be at production
quality. It is highly recommended that this tool be used on a
machine dedicated for research and analysis. A Software House
does not make a guarantee with regard to expected results.
Also, be aware that this tool has been tested using only
components shipped with Visual Basic 6. It has not been tested
on applications developed with 3rd-party components. Feedback
on such testing is always welcome at A Software House. To
provide feedback, please email us at email@example.com.